Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sunset Park, Brooklyn

Sunset Park, Brooklyn

Welcome! In an effort to try and eat healthier, I have decided to chronicle the types of foods I am finding in my new neighborhood and to try things I have never eaten before.

I am currently living in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. There is a strong Mexican and Asian presence in the neighborhood. 5th Avenue is more Latin, while 7th and 8th Avenue are predominately Asian. Over the next few months, I want to explore both areas and find the cheapest, healthiest food this neighborhood has to offer.

I am also going to write about the different Brooklyn Markets to find the freshest produce and a wide variety of items, spices, meats, oils and wines. There are so many wonderful Markets in Brooklyn and different foods that should be shared!

I will also include basic recipes that I use daily, trying to stay on the healthier side of things because this is my main purpose. to eat more mindfully and healthy, while exploring new foods in my neighborhood.

However, I will start by making hummus that is deliciously and wonderful for you, when eaten in moderate doses. More on that later...

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment